COUNTDOWN TO CEDF KICKOFF
Cyber Education Discovery Forum 2019 – Denver, Colorado
Omni Interlocken Hotel
Thank you to Cyber Education Discovery Forum 2019 sponsor
It’s go time. CEDF attendees, assemble!
- Get a head start! You’ll receive an email from us ahead of the conference asking you to pre-enroll in your course content. Be on the lookout!
- Be sure to bring a laptop or Chromebook. (PC & Mac are both acceptable).
- Find details on travel to the Omni Interlocken Hotel here.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided on all three days of the CEDF.
- Registration and breakfast is in the Centennial Foyer from 7 – 8 am Tuesday, June 25th. We’ll see you then!
Cyber Education Discovery Forum
The Cyber Education Discovery Forum (CEDF) is a multi-day professional development event designed to address our growing national shortage of cyber professionals at its roots. We believe that the key to filling the cyber workforce shortage is to empower and equip K-12 educators as they prepare the next generation to thrive in the cyber workforce of tomorrow.
What does this mission look like in reality? It’s teachers learning programming languages they’ve never attempted before, turning piles of parts into robots, exploring the implications of living in an internet-connected world, and uncovering new ways of thinking that will empower students to tackle complex problems with confidence. These things are what you’ll see at the CEDF. Not to mention:
- Inspiration and ideas from guest speakers
- Lasting connections with industry professionals, subject matter experts, and fellow educators
- Concrete projects and strategies from NICERC’s free curricula
- Day 1: Breakout sessions designed to provide insight to teachers on how to teach cyber topics, spark students’ interests, and guide interested students towards success in cyber careers.
- Day 2: Full-day workshops for upper elementary, middle, and high school teachers
- Day 3: Full-day workshops for upper elementary, middle, and high school teachers
Registration for the CEDF will open on February 1, 2019 and be hosted through Eventbrite.
|Registration Type||Registration Fee|
|Higher Education and Industry||$250|
Registration fees include: admittance to breakout sessions and full-day workshops, as well as breakfast and lunch on all days.
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel. Learn about our travel reimbursement grant here.