Submit a Session Proposal
What We’re Looking For
Our theme this year is Next Generation Cyber. We want engaging sessions that share innovative ideas, tried-and-true classroom practices, and hands-on activities for educators who are preparing the next generation for the cyber workforce. We will be looking for an overall balance of sessions that target elementary, middle, and high school teachers. Presenters who have experience teaching NICERC’s curricula will be given preference. We encourage teachers to work together on a collaborative proposal. All presenter names, including any panelists or roundtable participants, should be listed on the application form. Absolutely no sales pitches will be allowed.
Teachers can apply as a presenter or co-presenter for up to two breakout sessions. Accepted presenters will receive a registration scholarship code if they wish to attend the entire event. Presenters should bring their slide presentation on a laptop to the CEDF, as well as any handouts or other necessary materials. Presenters can choose to make digital materials available to CEDF attendees through a shared Google Drive following the event.
The first day of the Cyber Education Discovery Form (CEDF) will feature 60- and 75-minute breakout sessions around a variety of topics. Educators are invited to submit session proposals around one of the following topic ideas:
- Cyber Career Awareness
- Broadening Participation in STEM and Cyber
- Differentiated Instruction in STEM and Cyber
- Classroom Strategies and Techniques
- Supplemental Projects and Ideas
- Extracurricular Opportunities in Cyber
- Issues in Professional Practice
- Deadline for Proposal Submissions: March 1, 2020
- Notification to Accepted Presenters: by March 16, 2020
- Deadline for Presenters to Confirm Sessions: March 31, 2020