The Regional Autonomous Robotics Circuit (RARC) is a series of three robotics competitions for students in grades 2-12. The competitions build upon one another and allow students to showcase their STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and cyber skills by competing against other students in their division (elementary, middle and high school) in a series of integrated challenges.
NICERC partners with community partners to bring RARC competitions to multiple regions across the country. School districts or organizations interested in hosting a competition, consider becoming a community partner!
To learn more about RARC professional development opportunities for the 2018-2019 school year, click here.
RARC is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Regional Autonomous Robotics Circuit Scholarship from high school seniors who have participated in a minimum of two RARC competitions during their high school career. Scroll down to learn more and download the application.
RARC Scholarship Award
The Regional Autonomous Robotics Circuit (RARC) is accepting application for the 2018-2019 REGIONAL AUTONOMOUS ROBOTICS CIRCUIT SCHOLARSHIP from high school seniors who have participated in a minimum of two RARC competitions during their high school career. One $1,000 non-renewable scholarship will be presented at RARC Northwest Louisiana Competition 3 on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Qualifying criteria include the following:
- Completed and submitted application by March 29, 2019
- Participation in a minimum of two Regional Autonomous Robotics Circuit competitions while in high school, including at least one during the 2018-2019 school year
- Eligible to enroll in a degree program at an accredited public or private two-year or four-year college or university in the United States
- Pursuit of a major or degree program in in cyber, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or closely related field
- Citizen of the United States or United States territories
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must provide each of the following documents to the Regional Autonomous Robotics Circuit (RARC) no later than Friday, March 29, 2019:
- Completed and signed application form
- A one-page letter of recommendation from a high school instructor from whom the applicant has taken one or more classes
- A brief essay (no more than 1,000 words) in which applicant discusses his/her participation in RARC and the impact of the program on his/her academic career and/or life
- An official high school transcript
- Signature pages